HOW WE ARE STRUCTURED
We practice as legal specialists in the following areas of law:
- Corporate and Commercial Law;
- Local Government and Administrative Law (including Constitutional Law);
- Town Planning law;
- Training and workshops on the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act (SPLUMA);
- Legislative Drafting;
- Risk and Compliance;
- Employment and dispute resolution;
- Litigation, Divorce and Family law; and
- Property Services and Conveyancing.
Although the firm is small, we work hard to ensure that the work is done according to the clients'
needs and with reference to particular skills, projects or task requirements.
DIRECTOR: NOMFUNEKO MKHIZE (LLB)
Nomfuneko Mkhize is a black female, admitted attorney, specialising in Commercial Law; Property
Law; Legislative Drafting; Local Government and Administrative Law. She is currently appointed as a
member of the uMsunduzi Municipal Planning Tribunal and also sits on the LG SETA Board. She was
previously employed by eThekwini Municipality as a Senior Legal Advisor for a period of Ten (10)
Years and during that period she was tasked with the following:
- Provided specialised legal support to the Development Planning and Environmental Unit, in respect of
- Environmental and Property related Legislation;
- Provided extensive support to I-Trump (the inner city eThekwini re-generation and urban management
- Provided extensive support to the economic and development unit, relating to Administrative Law,
- Local Government Legislation as well as drafting and vetting of agreements;
- Drafting and settling of Municipal Policies and By Laws and provided specialised opinions on
- interpretation of legislation and administrative instruments;
- Provided support to the Real Estate Department by dealing with land sales and acquisitions,
- servitude registrations and management of servitude agreements;
- Provided support to the Supply Chain Management Unit relating to procurement processes
- and administration;
- Represented the Municipality in Tribunals and Development and Planning
- Commission and dealt extensively with litigation emanating from Town Planning;
- Building Regulations and Environmental Contraventions.
Nomfuneko is currently studying towards a Post-graduate Diploma
in Risk Management through the University of South Africa.
DIRECTOR: LULAMA MIYA (LLB)
Lulama Miya is an admitted Attorney, Conveyancer and Notary Public with over 6 years post-admission
experience. She served her articles at Venn Nemeth & Hart Attorneys where she gained experienced
in commercial law, public law, litigation and conveyancing. She went on to sit as an Assessor in a
criminal trial at the Western Cape High Court with Judge President John Hlophe.
In 2010, Lulama gained experience in the areas of compliance, legislative drafting and administrative
law whilst in the employ of the Department of Education as an Assistant Director.
She joined eThekwini Municipality as a Legal Advisor in February 2013 working under the Legislative
Drafting Section of the Legal and Compliance Unit where she was Project Manager of the
Rationalisation of By-laws Project which involved the drafting of 28 By-laws for the eThekwini
Municipality, 9 of which were adopted by Council within a twelve-month period.
She formed part of the Project Management and By-law Drafting Team involved in the Implementation
of the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act, 2013 which involved the drafting of a new
Spatial Planning and Land Use Management By-law as well as ensuring that the Municipality complies
and aligns its processes and procedures with the new Act.
Lulama has obtained certificates in Legislative Drafting, Project Management Foundations, Policy
Writing & Implementation as well as Drafting, Negotiating and Managing of Commercial Contracts.
She specialises in Legislative Drafting, Compliance, Conveyancing and Property law.
Simphiwe Mahlangu is an Estate Controller with four years' experience in the administration and
winding up of estates. With his years of experience, he makes sure that delays are avoided wherever
possible thereby minimizing the stress associated with settling and apportioning a deceased estate.
He uses regular communication channels to make sure beneficiaries, creditors, debtors and other
stakeholders to an estate are kept fully informed of the progress. Simphiwe further has experience
in dealing with Motor Vehicle Accident Claims.
Nonhlanhla Sikhakhane is an Office Assistant; she is responsible for the serving of documents,
posting outgoing mail, arranging travel and keeping records thereof, driver and messenger.
Silindile Mageba is an Admin Clerk and Receptionist, she ensures that our front office runs smoothly,
she is responsible for receiving and greeting clients, filing, drafting of letters and emails, answering
the telephone, transcribing notes, scheduling meetings and appointments and maintaining paper and